• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#181 redls1

redls1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

I really screwed my system yesterday and was only able to use the method of going through the diagnostic tools. Retried the files for .84 and am atleast stuck at the logo so far. Well Im back up or so it appears. Thanks.

#182 crash86

crash86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

I was on an .84 build..ended up bricking myself, i've followed the guide 3 times, wiped my sd card... I get error 7 on both /system and cdt.bin

path was...ota .173 to .181, ran root and then headed to ics

#183 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Then read it one more time ;)

You're supposed to get errors. Especially at that part. Continue past it

#184 kboss805

kboss805

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Google+:kevin.bossoletti

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

I was on an .84 build..ended up bricking myself, i've followed the guide 3 times, wiped my sd card... I get error 7 on both /system and cdt.bin

path was...ota .173 to .181, ran root and then headed to ics

Are you Matt's utility to try to get back to pseudo .181? RSD won't work.

#185 londonfire93

londonfire93

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

i was one of the people who upgraded to the leak .. but fortunently for me my headphone jack on my phone broke and verizon is sending me a new phone. with that said i have 5 days upon reciving the replacement to send the phone back. i am willing to use my old phone as a test phone to try to fix this problem. let me know if you have any ideas no matter how crazy they are. (i did tell verizon that fastboot screen keeps coming up which is a lie but that will allow me to send them a bricked phone.)

#186 Batman01

Batman01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

I have followed the instructions and im still bircked. This my first post here so i will give all the details:

Phone - XT912 Verizon
Boot loader -0A.6C

Used Driod RAZR ICS installer v1.0 and went back to a clean install of 173, then accepted the 181 update adn then installed ICS. After a few days of clean operation, i decided to try a Theme for ICS but after the flash the phone app, contacts app and several other apps starting to stop working so I tried to reverse the flash but my problems did not go away. I then did a factory wipe with no change so i decided to flash the ROM again and of course i bricked it. I have tried everything but so far i have been unable to unbrick. I downloaded "VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M3-8_CFC_1FF_01.xml" and modified the Droid RAZR 1.51 and ran it with option 1 and i get INFOPreflash validation failure for cdt.bin, devtree, boot, and recovery. I was hoping that this were the expected errors from the fastboot compatibility. I then copied "Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US" to the SD card and tried to updated from Recovery but i recieved an error code 7 when it attempted to verify the system.

What did i do wrong?

#187 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

I have followed the instructions and im still bircked. This my first post here so i will give all the details:

Phone - XT912 Verizon
Boot loader -0A.6C

Used Driod RAZR ICS installer v1.0 and went back to a clean install of 173, then accepted the 181 update adn then installed ICS. After a few days of clean operation, i decided to try a Theme for ICS but after the flash the phone app, contacts app and several other apps starting to stop working so I tried to reverse the flash but my problems did not go away. I then did a factory wipe with no change so i decided to flash the ROM again and of course i bricked it. I have tried everything but so far i have been unable to unbrick. I downloaded "VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M3-8_CFC_1FF_01.xml" and modified the Droid RAZR 1.51 and ran it with option 1 and i get INFOPreflash validation failure for cdt.bin, devtree, boot, and recovery. I was hoping that this were the expected errors from the fastboot compatibility. I then copied "Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US" to the SD card and tried to updated from Recovery but i recieved an error code 7 when it attempted to verify the system.

What did i do wrong?

Based on what you wrote it sounds like you did everything right. The errors you mentioned using razrutility 1.51 are to be expected and exactly what i saw. (i have been trying many different things on my phone so i have bricked and used this method many times).

As for the error you receive while doing the actual update in stock recovery, i have not seen that. Not to insult your Intel but did you make sure you are using the right update zip? Every leaked update coming from 181 has the same name so it could be that you have the wrong one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#188 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Phone - XT912 Verizon
Boot loader -0A.6C

What did i do wrong?

I also had the error code 7 using a modded 1.51 utility. I downloaded 6.1 and it finally worked properly. May work for you as well.

#189 Batman01

Batman01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

I also had the error code 7 using a modded 1.51 utility. I downloaded 6.1 and it finally worked properly. May work for you as well.

Where do i find 6.1, the link on the first page has expired?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Believe me you cannot insult my intel because it is all gone...lol...i used the link on the first page to download 181. do you have a link that you know is good?

#190 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Where do i find 6.1, the link on the first page has expired?

Believe me you cannot insult my intel because it is all gone...lol...i used the link on the first page to download 181. do you have a link that you know is good?

You'll need to install utorrent or similar to download the file.

#191 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Phone - XT912 Verizon
Boot loader -0A.6C

What did i do wrong?

You downloaded the wrong update file. Which version of the ics leak were you on?

check this server for the corresponding leak you flashed, download the correct file and then repeat the whole process however you have to find a way to get the file to your sdcard.

EDIT: PLEASE, tell me you read the OP and know that you can not get back to GB (.181) because if you are that stupid then guess what? YOUR STUCK ON ICS WITH LITTLE TO NO ROMS TO FLASH. :)
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#192 Batman01

Batman01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

You downloaded the wrong update file. Which version of the ics leak were you on?

check this server for the corresponding leak you flashed, download the correct file and then repeat the whole process however you have to find a way to get the file to your sdcard.

EDIT: PLEASE, tell me you read the OP and know that you can not get back to GB (.181) because if you are that stupid then guess what? YOUR STUCK ON ICS WITH LITTLE TO NO ROMS TO FLASH. :)

Thanks for the confidence boost....lol . :D ...no seriously, i have been running ICS sence before the first leak and i cant see any reason to go back..i'm downloading the new file now...Thanks, i will let everyone here know how i make out...

Im up and working Thanks to everyone. This does work and works great!

Edited by Batman01, 20 May 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#193 crysonix

crysonix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

Yes, Success. I am no longer bricked. THANK YOU!!!

#194 mrmajano

mrmajano

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!! SO MUCH... I am no longer bricked and for me the .85 worked. Cant believed after all this trouble of going through Motorola and shipping and so much crap they ask and finally didn't fix a thing. What simple but perfect thread like this fixed my phone. Thank you once again and keep supporting developers and helpers to the end !

#195 pmbarrontx

pmbarrontx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Ok. I am bricked, and I do not have the .84 files on my SD Card, and do not have access to anything that copy files to my SD Card. What can I do? Is there another way to unbrick? Kinda panicked. Help please!!!!!

#196 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

No sdcard reader on your laptop? If so go to the store and buy a USB SD card reader. Then you'll be able to restore your phone but really... you should use the unstuck method to get to .206...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#197 toprunner2786

toprunner2786

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

Ok, I was a bonehead and accidently formatted my system partition while in bootstrap before i flashed a new rom. Anyway, I am not able to get any of this stuff to work.

I can do step 1 and fastboot with errors, but when I go to recovery, I get the android picture with the red exclamation. Is there anyway around this?

#198 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Ok, I was a bonehead and accidently formatted my system partition while in bootstrap before i flashed a new rom. Anyway, I am not able to get any of this stuff to work.

I can do step 1 and fastboot with errors, but when I go to recovery, I get the android picture with the red exclamation. Is there anyway around this?

When you get to the android with red triangle, press both volume buttons at the same time :)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#199 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Press both volume keys at same time that should get you moto recovery from that screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#200 toprunner2786

toprunner2786

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Press both volume keys at same time that should get you moto recovery from that screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I thought I was hosed....updating now...hopefully this fixes my brick. I appreciate the help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users